Bruce and Sheila

My photo
Amboy, Washington, United States

December 27, 2012

January 2013 looks to be an interesting year for Bruce and I. We are making plans to hit the road. But first we have many things to do. I always thought this would be easy but it's not. We are getting the house to rent through a rental agency and sorting through all our (accumulated over many years) stuff. Do we keep this? Do we sell it? Do we throw it away? Too many choices to make before we can even THINK about hitting the road.

2012 was also a great year for adventure. The things we did in 2012 lead us to where we are today. We took 2 great trips and really gave us the desire to travel. Our first trip was to  Bonaire with Bert and Mary Evens. They invited us to go with them and spend a couple weeks at their place on the island. We had a very nice time but our travels were cut short because I fell on my back. Decided it was best to shorten the trip and have my Drs check me out. I was given a shot in my spine that has really helped with the pain.
I will let Bruce fill you in on his diving adventures. As for me, well I stayed with snorkeling and had a great time seeing all sorts of beautiful fish. The pictures I am posting were taken by Mary Evens. She was able to get some great shots.
Later in the year we took a couple trips to the beach and spent a lot of time at the cabin. Bruce has worked hard getting the cabin all finished. Bruce was working on the cabinette when he hurt his shoulder. Many thanks to our good friend Paul and brother Dale for their help!


So while taking time from the cabin he took a trip to Canada to see family and friends. I stayed behind because of my back. I didn't think I could do the trip. He had a wonderful time. Then we took a couple trips to the beach.



We were finally able to take Avery (our adopted grandaughter) to the coast for a couple days. We had the best time. One of our very favorite spots is along the Oregon Coast is at Beverly Beach. It is beautiful there.

Our next big adventure came when we rented a friends' condo on the Big Island of Hawaii.
 We stayed at the condo for a week. then spent another week with our friends Larry and Marilyn on the southern tip of the island. Had a great visit with them sightseeing and looking at property.
After a couple days we decided we wanted to do some more travel looking at different areas we might want to live. So we left their place and headed to Hilo (On the east side of the island). We loved this area but also learned they get about 200" of rain each year. Hmmm. Maybe not for us. LOL!
We visited the Botanical Gardens in Hilo and loved it. Everything was so green and lush. The plus side of all the rain they get. Then we traveled on to the northern part of the island. Property is a bit more expensive but very nice. We really liked the feel of the area. Less rain on the northern part of the island and warmer than Hilo. Then we ended back to Kona for the last several days and stayed at a beautiful condo right on the beach. Great place for being lazy and doing a lot of snorkeling in our favorite area. Lots of fish to see and follow around.





















No comments:

Post a Comment